Dear Friend and Colleagues,
We hope you are doing well.
It is our great pleasure to announce our upcoming conference “The 2023 International Actuarial Research Conference (IARC)”, a satellite event of “The 9th Southeast Asian Mathematical Society-Universitas Gadjah Mada (SEAMS-UGM) 2023 International Conference on Mathematics and Its Applications”, which will take place in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, on 23-24 July, 2023.
The conference will provide an excellent international forum for the dissemination of original research results, new ideas, and practical development experiences which concentrate on both the theory and practices of academics, researchers, students and industry professionals.
The objectives of “The 2023 International Actuarial Research Conference” are:
- To be a platform for academics, insurance industries, and regulators to learn and share knowledge, research activities, or experience of finding solutions to current issues and future challenges in actuarial science, insurance as well as financial industries, and actuarial science teaching at universities.
- To be a platform for academics to share their research topics and findings in solving real problems related to actuarial science.
- To be a platform to start a network between academics, insurance industries, and the Indonesian regulators in anticipating and finding solutions to current and future challenges in the non-banking financial institutions, as well as in increasing public trusts in the (Indonesian) financial institutions.
We are pleased to invite paper submissions and welcome original research papers which address the latest trends, challenges, and opportunities in the field. All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers based on their quality, relevance, originality, and significance. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings subject to the author’s approval.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Actuarial Standards and Ethics.
- Life Insurance and/or Long-term Care.
- General Insurance
- Pension (Employee benefit).
- Modeling and Statistical Methods.
- Risk and Ruin Theories.
- (Quantitative) Finance and Investment.
- Indonesia mandatory healthcare (BPJS Kesehatan) and social security (BPJS Ketenagakerjaan).
- Application of predictive analytics in actuarial problems
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 17: Challenges in and Preparations for its application in Insurance/Financial Industries in Indonesia.
*The accepted papers will be issued in the conference proceedings by AIP Publishing.
The committee welcomes other areas of research topics related to actuarial science and the application of actuarial science in the non-banking industries.
The 2023 IARC conference will also feature a Workshop focused on Earthquake Catastrophe Risk Modeling which will take place before the main event that is on 22 July 2023 at the same venue. The workshop will be conducted by a team led by Dumaria Rulina Tampubolon, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Thank you for your participation and we hope to see you in Yogyakarta, Indonesia during the IARC 2023 event.
Conference Organizing Committee
For Formatting and Submission Guidelines click down below. Clik here for Fee information